Here are the rules:
1) Go to your photo files… Select the 6th photo folder or album.
2) Select the 6th photo in that folder/album.
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge some blog friends to do the same!
I dont know how many bloggers will read this, so I'm not going to tag it but I thought it was fun....plus I dont know that I know how to tag people yet
I was actually pleased that my Lake Santa Fe album was the 6th one. This picture is a typical morning at Lake Santa Fe. On the Winter (Pugh)(Gordon) side of my family there are 10 cousins, 6 girls and 4 boys. When we all went to my grandparents house all the girls slept on the floor. If it was at the Lake House we slept in the main room. Every day we "fought" over who got to sleep by Katie (Kizziah) and Bethany. It looks like Mackenzie and I got to sleep by Katie and Tori and Dabney by Bethany. I also love that Katie is up (Dabney too) and we are all still sleeping. The Winters are not ones to naturally wake up early. I also have Rajah....of course. The last thing I notice about this picture is that I am sleeping under the fish. Above me is where the room we are in divides with the living room and on the wall in the doorway is a mounted fish. I'm not sure I know the story behind it but I was always scared it would fall on me.
Monday, June 29, 2009
I couldnt decide how to start this blog so I decided to cheat and start with one of those 25 random facts from facebook.
1. I love books….I love collecting them, I love reading them….books are great and ALWAYS better than the movie
2. As of this year I have lived in Alabama longer than I did in Texas, and even though Alabama is home for me…I was raised (or brainwashed) with Texas Pride and when asked what I think the best state is the natural answer is Texas
3. I love to travel. I have been out of the country 7 times, to Honduras (5 times) and Italy and Canada. I love flying.
4. I am a typical middle child: misunderstood, ignored etc. We are the best, no question.
5. I’m an old school Disney fan. There is no Little Mermaid 2 or Cinderella 3. They all lived happily ever after, end of story. I have yet to play a person I cant beat in Disney Scene It. When I was younger, I watched Aladdin and Mary Martin’s Peter Pan every day. I also loved Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Looney Toons and Tiny Toons...
6. I never thought I would read the Harry Potter books but I read the first 5 in about 3 days when I was sick once, and have now read them more than once. After I got Meghan addicted
7. I’m part of a gang…it’s called Big Delores. We like to hang out at Deacon’s Crib.
8. I hate cheesy Christian quotes, billboards, signs, bumper stickers, shirts
9. I love coloring but am a little OCD about it…For example, Belle is a brunette and Ariel’s hair is never purple. Rajah’s strips are black, not multicolored. I also have a small collection of crayons…a few hundred or so, all organized by colors.
10. My name means hilarious
11. My favorite games include Signs, Catch Phrase, Cosmic Catch, Scattogories and Apples to Apples.
12. I love driving and listening to my music loud enough I cant hear myself sing
13. I love Alabama Football and Julio Jones. I just don’t understand Auburn football or why anyone would be a fan…it doesn’t make sense to me.
14. I'm a hardcore LOST and 24 fan. Tony disappointed me and I want to see more Jacob.
15. I started working with kids about a year ago and despite how crazy they are I discovered I love kids
16. I could watch the Kiera Knightly Pride and Prejudice at any point of any day and more than once a day.
17. I have been hit by a train and mugged at gunpoint...
18. I tend to get overly obsessive about things…I like to say I’m just passionate….others say obsessive
19. I dont like country music, orange juice that hasn’t come from Lake Santa Fe or the phone
20. Every year for Easter my family color coordinates. We pick two colors, then all the girls dresses have to be at least one of the two. The guys also match with their tie and shirt. It’s a pretty big deal and it’s pretty awesome.
21. Tulips are my favorite flowers.
22. My family is very big and very close. Immediate and extended, they are by far the best.
23. I have loved to read fiction by Christian authors for years, and have recently begun to love and appreciate other great fiction works. Most recently I read The Hunchback of Notre Dame…its among my favorites.
24. I believe there are certain doctrines that hold the Christian faith together and without which our faith crumbles. i.e. the Trinity, the divinity and humanity of Christ, the work of the cross, etc.
25. My favorite place in the world is Lake Santa Fe in Florida, my favorite person in the world is my nephew Sterling....I dont just think he's the most precious and beautiful baby in the world because he's my nephew....he just is. It's a fact.
wouldn't he be yours?