Thursday, August 13, 2009

I have made it back to Tuscaloosa. Praise the Lord!
I am VERY excited about church Sunday. I feel like I havent been to Open Door in forever....really it's only been two weeks.
I'm off to take care of some things but let me leave you with a couple of thoughts from Augustine I stumbled upon while reading this morning....

"You made us for Yourself, and our hears find no peace till they rest in You."

"You are active, yet always at rest. You gather all things to Yourself, though You suffer no need....You grieve for wrong, but suffer no pain. You can be angry and yet serene. Your works are varied, but Your purpose is one and the same....You welcome those who come to You, though You never lost them. You are never in need yet are glad to gain, never covetous yet You exact a return for your gifts....You release us from our debts, but you lost nothing thereby. You are my God, my Life, my holy Delight, but is this enough to say of You? Can any man say enough when he speaks of you? Yet woe betide to those who are silent about You!" (Augustine, Confessions)

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful to hear the words of Augustine and how convicting. thank you for stirring my heart for His glory alone. I love you, Aunt T.

    ReplyDelete