Monday, April 12, 2010

Nashville

Today I was walking down the mundane, gray, boring halls at school and found myself feeling down. It's been a pretty good day and there's no reason for this, it's just the depressing atmosphere that school has. Almost immediately I started thinking about IADT in comparison. I could see myself walking down the rich, deep yellow halls lined with creations of those I've come to know. Instead of hurrying past a small bit of color on the wall as I pass the "wall of nurses," I could see myself stopping and looking at the newest pictures from the photography students and admiring their beautiful creations. Instead of passing mundane class rooms that are dark and dreary I could see myself passing bright classrooms full of sewing machines or full of computers (mac daddy ones at that!) with huge windows to view the hall and outside. I walked outside and I thought to myself, "Self, today would be a Centennial Park day." After class I would drive the six miles to downtown and spend a good hour in the shade of tree studying people before work.
I am so thankful for my time in Tuscaloosa and so thankful for clear guidance to Nashville. I will miss several things about Tuscaloosa- the people mainly- but I cant help but feel that anticipation and excitement that sets in right before something big happens that you've been looking forward to for a long time. With that said...
Only 30 days until the move home, then onto Nashville! Only 85 until I walk the halls of the International Academy of Design and Technology! Praise the Lord, He changed my heart and has laid before me a dream in the wonderful city of Nashville!

No comments:

Post a Comment