Friday, April 30, 2010

All Fired Up!

Over the past few weeks I have been working on some projects at All Fired Up. For those of you who don't know, All Fired Up is contemporary ceramic shop where you paint pottery. I have found it very relaxing and therapeutic. The staff are so pleasant and nice and let me just say, they have great taste in music! It all started over Christmas when I made the 4Pack coffee mugs that said 4pack. That was my first visit and I didn't realize you could print things off and trace them on. They turned out ok even though I free handed them- though next time I will be using our font! After I had my Hiatus Scan on my birthday my mom, Tori, Meghan and I went back to celebrate my birthday with some family friends who were visiting from Texas- the Burns. This time I was wiser and printed out what I wanted to put on my project. As my birthday is in January and I was still hyped up on the National Championship (by the way, I still am) I made an Alabama National Championship Plate. I LOVE how it turned out. It's so cute, I'll try to post a pic when I get back to ttown. Anyways, about three weeks ago I went in to make a mug for our IADT admissions rep/advisor, Bertha. We LOVE Bertha and she loves us. She is so presh. Before my mom left Magnolias she had some credit so with it we made a little "Bag of Bertha." So this mug was for the bag. On the front I did the IADT logo and on the back it said "World's Best Rep." Tori liked it so much I made one for the rest of us, as well as my Mother's Day presents. 
Here are the results of the past few weeks...


Mom's:




This was mom's Mother's Day present part one. She got it early. It's the Nashville skyline made out of instruments. Then across the top the pics represent our favorite places...the Centennial Park- the Parth is there, the Pancake Pantry, IADT and Loveless. It's a thank you for letting us move. It hangs up.She liked it :) 




Tori's:





This is Tori's IADT travel mug. One side has this- for fashion design and the other side has the IADT logo. It's all raised. Her quote around the bottom says, "Don't design clothes,  design magic." It's a combination of quotes by Ralph Lauren and Jackson Rathbone. Ralph Lauren said "Don't design clothes, design dreams." However, J.Action Rathbone (who plays Jasper Hale in the Twilight Saga) said Tori's ties that she made and gave him and his band members "were made of magic" when she gave them to him. Therefore, "Don't design dreams, design magic." 

That's the IADT logo by the way...little extra time for perfection.



Mine:


This is my mug. The quote says, "Let's make someone's favorite movie." It's a quote from a tv show. It's a camera because I'm a Film major...technically, Digital Media and Animation.



Meghan's:



Meghan's was a music mug because she loves music and isnt going to IADT.

"The Music Lives On" is the slogan of the Spencer Bell Legacy Project. The quote around the bottom is a SB quote that says, "Don't lose hope, and never, ever give in." 



The Spencer Bell Legacy symbol- it's a tie-dyed music note because he died of Adrenal Cancer, which is a rare cancer (the tie-dyed ribbons are for rare cancers). At the last Legacy Concert, Dr. Hammer, who heads up the research for rare cancers at The Univ. of Michigan, announced that they haven't had money to have any advancements in the treatment since the 1950s. The last one to be approved was a pestiside. But thanks to the Spencer Bell Legacy Project and those like 100 Monkeys and Tin Tin Can who have Legacy concerts, they've had money to make advancements in the treatment.






Mom's again:
      
                                      
This is my mom's mug. The "a" that is the alpha letter. We call her the alpha because of the alpha of the wolf pack (as seen in New Moon). What the alpha says goes...it's orders cannot be disobeyed. You know the 4pack obeys the alpha.


Initials on the other side. These are her favorite colors by the way.


 


Ellen Denerges':


This mug is one we're sending to Ellen D to try and get her to have 100 Monkeys on her show...hence the monkey with the 'J.Rathbone like' hat and the banana handle. 


The quote on the handle is by Spencer Bell. Spencer was a friend of the guys in 100 Monkeys. He died when he was 20 from Adrenal Cancer. 100 Monkeys now have legacy concerts, along with some other artists, to raise money for research for rare cancers.



quote from the song that 100 Monkeys made up about Ellen at Tori, Lindsey and Meghan's request during the improv session of the Spencer Bell Legacy Concert.

This is the bananager. I put him on the inside for fun. The bananager is their friend, and one of their managers, Marty. Marty where's a huge banana outfit sometimes.

Bertha's:

Bertha's "Happy Bertha Day" tile for the bag of Bertha.



Speaking of Bertha, we're in Nashville! YAY! Breathe in the awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment