Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pooh Stick Adventures

Today I went with a few of my friends to the Riverwalk here in Tuscaloosa. I haven't seen these girls in a while and it was so good to hang out with them. However, we hit a little bump in the evening when we decided to play Pooh Sticks on one of the bridges. It was my idea and I was so excited as I gathered up sticks for all of us. We counted to 3 and dropped our sticks off a bridge. This bridge went over a creek that branched off the river and into a sewage pipe that ran under the road on the other side. Well we dropped our sticks and ran to the other side. While waiting for our sticks all of a sudden we see something fall to the water. Kim, our driver, dropped her keys on accident! Luckily it was in the creek and not in the river! However, this fairly deep for a creek- at least waist high. We scaled the side of the bank- which was not too easy for the three of us in flip flops and with my ankle- which still isn't completely healed since spraining it in Nashville. Anyways Kim made it all the way down-waist deep in water searching for the keys with a stick. After several desperate minutes and 4 people searching from 4 angles, Kim spotted them and managed to get them with a long stick. It was quite the adventure.
Tonight's quote of the night comes from this adventure.
"Go ahead Kim! In Narnia the water was probably dirty too!"

1 comment:

  1. I suppose adventures are dirtier in real life than they sound in books.

    ReplyDelete