Friday, July 17, 2009

Dobby will Shank you, sir!! (Half-Blood Prince spoiler alert)_

Tuesday I left straight from work with my car packed for a week away. I was so excited about the upcoming week. Finally after all the wait...after two days dragging by, I was finally free from work. I left Open Door with a renewed excitement. I decided to cut up Hargrove, for old times sake. I pulled up to the red light up at the corner of Loop Road and Hargrove and had decided to call and tell my mom I was leaving. Before I could there was suddenly a loud noise and my car jerked forward into the car in front of me. It was purely the Grace of God that none of the cars were scratched. We waited a good 30-45 minutes for the police to come. Finally I was on my way once again. I had originally planned to go all the way to Sylacauga then ride back up with the 4Pack and fam. However, because I was now almost an hour late I decided to meet up with my dad in Bham so that I could make our tshirts. We went on base and after a failed attempt finally printed out what I wanted on our shirts. It ended up not working so finally I settled on paint pens. I met the 4Pack, Jamis, mom, Riley, Cary and some other people from Sylacauga. At 8 we were the first ones in line for our theater. One guy somehow got stuck in between two groups of us.....poor man. Although, I will say when my mom and JB are involved, people dont just endure us without benefit. We helped him save seats for his family. JB threatened to shank anyone who tried to get it....good thing she didnt have to.
Before the movie was a lot of fun hanging out. They did show the New Moon trailer which is better on the big screen....especially the part when Jasper is running at Bella. A lot of people appreciated our shirts, especially a group of boys two rows back. They apparently are fans of Dobby. So during the New Moon preview (the first time) they were being loud still and Meghan turned around and said, in her Dobby voice, "Dobby will shank you, sirs!" and they laughed but were quiet. They showed the New Moon trailer once more during the real previews and there was silence.
Before the movie they showed all of the HBP trailers along with the New Moon one. It was kind of cool.
Thoughts on the movie after the first time of viewing:
1. The beginning was lame...that is with Harry and the waitress. I could have done without that.
2. Death Eaters do not fly.
3. I wish there had been more Dumbly and Harry...maybe a little more explanation....how is Harry even supposed to know what he's looking for. They didnt mention anything about how Voldy would have chosen things that were significant and things that related to each of the four founders of Hogwarts. They also dont know how to destroy a horcrux.
4. I wish there had been more Harry and Ginny...even though I wish they had not done the burrow "fight" thing and just done one at Hogwarts at the end, I did like how Ginny ran after Harry. I also liked when he stood at the table during the Slug Club dinner. All the little things I really like except the shoe and the cake thing...that was just awkward. I didnt really get the impression that they had dated at all during this movie.
5. The Hermione/Ron thing was well done I thought.
6. "High Harry" was HILARIOUS....he actually wasnt high for those who havent seen or read it. My favorite "high harry" line....those plants give me the creeps....em.
7. In love Ron...also hilarious

It was really funny when Dumbly and Harry were in the cave and Harry was going for the theater...as we were at the midnight premiere there were maybe 3 people who hadnt read the books in the whole theater. Everyone knew what was coming and as he bent done you could literally hear and feel everyone prepare themselves for the hand. However, everyone screamed.

I will admit that both times I saw it I cried/teared up twice, and in the same places. The first time was after the Quidditch match when Hermione is upset and talking to Harry. She asked what it felt like when he saw Ginny and Dean together, and after she attacks Ron with the birds he says, "Like this." That was presh.
The second time was after Dumbly died and they are standing around and McGonagall sends up the light and all the teachers and students follow. It was very respectful and powerful. Even in the midst of their great and beloved leader's death, they would not loose hope and they would not let his death be dishonored by the Dark Mark overhead. It was so good.

And finally props to Tom Felton, who plays Malfoy, did an amazing job being serious through the whole movie, especially the light-hearted parts.

Before the movie started when we were chilling in the theater with all the other hardcore fans, two guys came out with wands and got everyone's attention down in front. We rolled our eyes as they started explaining they were going to dual. Turns out, it was pretty entertaining...they had it rehearsed and they were doing flips and the like. We tried to follow them and "flip it" but we couldnt find them. Oh well.
Well, I'm out...gotta get ready for the making of a couple of new 4pack ideas! Hooray!

peace!

PICS:

Spicing up life for Mom at the Mag....last time JB was home we dressed up like people in our family...this time Twilight characters....with just stuff in our fams wardrobe. From left to right JB as Jacob, me as Bella, Megs as Edward, and Tori as Alice....here we are in character.....




and out of character....



The back of our Potter premiere shirts....a 4 for "4pack" my mom had an "a" for Alpha
Those are actually drumsticks, not wands...they are very entertaining and we take them pretty much all over the place...only once was one used as a wand...a little boy came and asked Meghan to dual, she couldnt think of anything to do so she just told him to kill her....



DOBBY WILL SHANK YOU, SIR!!

3 comments:

  1. i absolutely loved reading that.
    you failed to mention the dueling wizards before the movie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so right, how could i?? i'll go back and put it in later, thanks halie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hirry, make your pictures bigger. They are really hard to see. At least for those of us with small laptop screens. At some point when you are downloading there is an option of how big to make them medium is much better. ;)

    BTW, Sterling is watching Aladdin right now.

    ReplyDelete