Tuesday, July 21, 2009


On Wednesday last week one of my favorite people, Melinda Sears, came home from a year in France with Campus Crusade for Christ. We, the 4Pack, got to go with her family to the airport to pick her up. It was so good to see her face in person versus via Skype. We hung out Thursday and went to see Harry Potter for the second time with her. Someone, ok it was me, left the lights on during the movie and when we got out to Tori's car it was dead. It wouldnt have been that big of a deal except there was a car on each side and a drop off in front. We had to call All State Roadside Assistance. Praise the Lord Joy Beth is in good hands. I am so excited she is back!! She is actually staying at my apartment some this week and next while I am in the caug.
I am actually in the caug for a few weeks....why am I in the caug? Well, I worked at a Day Care that is in my church, but a part of Open Door Christian School (which is now North River Christian Academy). Working in a day care has been fun and has taught me a lot about kids. I think this experience will be very beneficial for me one day. However, working with kids 8 hours a day can begin to wear on one. For the past few weeks I have been considering getting a new job...say one at a library...oh the quietness! My mom didnt want me to quit though without the security of another job, which is totally understandable. Anyways long story short all the part-time people got laid off....or are going to be laid off soon...or most are, I dont know how its going to work. My boss offered me a position in the afternoons but it just wasnt enough hours, and with me already considering leaving I decided to go ahead and not take it. I'll miss the kids. I love them all, but I am SO excited about getting a new job.
Until then, or until school starts I'm going to be hanging out with the 4pack and my mom in the caug. We are all so excited because it was so sad Sunday when I had to go back to Tuscaloosa to work for a few days. In fact I left from bham after the Platt brought the word Sunday morning. Sunday night I was hanging out at a friend's house and got a call. The 4pack surprised me and decided to come a day early. It seems we dont last a few hours apart....wonder what will happen when school starts. Anyways we have a lot of stuff planned for the next few weeks and I'm very glad for this opportunity to be home and do things with them before school starts back in the fall.
Last night after Harry Potter we got the keys from my aunt and uncle (who is the pastor of the church my daycare is in) so we could get all my movies. We made a video that will be coming soon. Look for it. Also we have a New Moon Monday that got put off until today. It should be up later tonight as well.
Tonight we, or I, (the 4pack contributed thoughts through me) had a small debate of sorts on some theological thoughts with a friend....maybe I'll put some thoughts up here later. But for now....

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hillary! Enjoy your time is Sylacauga! I hope that it is full of rest and refreshment. I know that you need both. Thank you for how you invested in our youth and youth activities this summer. We so appreciated you donating your time, company, and talents! I know you said you were collecting your DVDs - we still have the 3 you let us borrow. Thanks for that. I got your message about the skits from the beach trip. We will have to watch them together whenever you get back in town. Know that the Kizziah's will miss you being in Tuscaloosa. You are loved!
    Katie
    Yea that Melinda is back!

    ReplyDelete