Monday, May 17, 2010

CRAZY BUSY!

I finished my last class in Tuscaloosa this past Wednesday. It was so good to leave those halls for the last time. After such a stressful week of studying I spent my afternoon painting at All Fired Up. Meghan's birthday present had broken in the kiln so I put off going to redo it until after my finals. The reason for this was two fold. First, I didn't have time due to studying and second, painting always destresses me. So after a fun afternoon of painting and a going to Cwood to hear David for my last Wednesday in Tuscaloosa, I headed home looking forward to some earned, imo, relaxation.

The relaxation was short lived. By Thursday I had caught up on 24 and LOST. OH MY WORD! What a confusing week on LOST and what a crazy week on 24. I was very disturbed by Jack's character change and thinks that last week's 24 proves how far the writers have strayed from Jack's character. The Jack from the first 6, maybe 7, seasons would never take out people for revenge. What happened to Jack's honor? If this wasn't the last season of 24 I would have to say this would be my last season.

LOST was as confusing as ever and left us with more questions than most fans, including myself, think acceptable this late in the game. We have waited and waited and waited for them to start answering some of the questions that have become the greatest mysteries known this generation. What's the deal with the alternate reality? Where did the temple come from? What is Widmore's endgame? Where are Richard, Ben and Miles? Anyways, there are way to many questions for them to continue raising more this late in the game, even if they did finally answer a few about Jacob and Esau/MIB.

ANYWAYS, Friday I got sick with head stuff and though Saturday was nice and relaxing at the Kimber's house, I began to loose my voice. The Kimbers were so kind to have us over. Michelle swam and laid out with us all day (Bill and Cary were there on and off) and then Bill grilled for us. It was delicious! Thanks Kimbers! Also on Friday Melinda came and that's always full of fun!

Sunday morning I woke up early so I could make it back to Open Door. It was my last Sunday and was sad that it was my last Sunday to worship among them. I will miss OD- and you others in ttown- very much and am so thankful the Lord sovereignly brought us into acquaintance. By Sunday I had almost completely lost my voice, had a horrible cough and was pretty sure I should at least check out the doctor before heading home.
So Kim and I went to see Robin Hood after church then went home and watched her BBC tv show, Robin Hood- which is great and I spent the night over there so I didnt get Ella and James sick on wedding week.
Today I went to the Doctor to find out I did not have strep or the flu and got 4 more prescriptions....great.

Today also begins wedding week for Kam and Olivia and packing week for me. Tomorrow I have to finish the rehearsal video and begin going through "my room" which has become the "hey we'll take this to Nashville" room and boxing things up. Wedding day, after the wedding, Joy Beth will be here and Sunday afternoon I'll head back to Ttown to finish getting my stuff and for the Premiere parties with KJ and Lynn.

Next week should be pretty fun with JB here and on Thursday....WE MOVE TO NASHVILLE BABY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment