Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm interrupting my massive 6-day study session to bring you this Mother's Day message:

I am in the midst of a major study week for ONE, that's right just ONE final. The rest are either a little project or simple test....I just have one massive one on Wednesday. However I wanted to take a break from studying to write a little post about my mom....cause well let's face it, she's the best.

Mom is a native Texan. She was born and raised in Texas and is proud of it. We get that from her. However, she loves Alabama too. Mom was a stay at home mom throughout our childhood. This is something that we not only loved then, we appreciate now. It's not that we could just afford for her to stay at home- she just did. She gave up some luxuries so that she could be at home with us. When we were in high school, and running around with busy schedules, she started working at a "local upscale gift shop" here in town. 

Mom was never one we feared going to for advice. In fact, our closest friends often go to her for advice and wisdom. This is because she doesn't beat around the bush or avoid topics. She isn't the type to avoid a topic like sex. Therefore, we didn't just have a mom telling us: don't do that, do this. Mom told us why purity is important and that sex has it's place. She was also never a mom who ignored the things we did. She was very much a part of our lives, and was never scared to be the disciplinarian instead of the friend. My siblings and I, though we were not always grateful then, are incredibly grateful for this now. 

The Vickster has become more of a friend to us as we've become "adults." I mean, she's legit awesome. How many mom's do you know of that can go to a midnight premiere of Harry Potter and/or Twilight and be totally cool and not embarrassing? Let me tell you not many. Usually mom's who go to premiere events- or events like this- are either totally oblivious and there for the child (and bravo to you too) or either totally inappropriate and or drunk (twimoms). There is a reason she's the alpha of the 4pack after all.
______


MOTHER'S DAY PRESENT:

I made these for her...there's a previous post about them. She got them last weekend in Nashville.

Alpha "a" cause she's the alpha of the 4pack because Meghan, Tori, JB and I love her
A tile I painted her...a little thanks for giving us Nashville.


The silhouette is the skyline of Nashville in instruments...the four pics represent our 4 favorite places.


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!! Thanks for being awesome!

2 comments:

  1. She truly is the best. I'm proud I get to call her "Aunt."

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if this blog did not make my day, then I go to leave a comment and see your sweet note Lynn (thank you) ~ it is just almost more than I can take!! Hillary ~ thank you for those precious and undeserved words!!! I am so grateful to my precious children (and their friends) who have allowed me draw that fine line between "being a part of the group" and "being the disciplinarian"! You all know I am the weird adult who loves teenagers and young adults! It has been such a joy to be a part of so many precious lives through my children! I absolutely have the most wonderful children in the world!!! That includes my precious "adopted" children and my precious nieces and nephews! I love you all, and again I cannot thank you enough for enjoying spending time with me!!! Thank you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete