Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello from Nashville!!!

Hey Everybody! Well, it's official. We're Nashvillians! Here's a quick update on the process:
Thursday was quite a hectic day. We spent the morning calling around to different UHAUL places to see if anyone had one the right size. We had no such luck. We then branched out to other moving truck options besides Uhaul. We ended up finding one in Birmingham with Budget Movers (I think that's what it's called). This was cheaper than a Uhaul as it had unlimited miles. This was such a blessing from the Lord as it solved many problems. Because of this it didn't matter that it was in Birmingham and we could take it to Tuscaloosa to get my piano, books and bookshelves. Mom and I got home around 10 or 11. By the time we got there Meghan, Tori, Dad and Bethany had most of our boxes and stuff in the garage and we were able to load it all in the truck that night. 
Friday, after getting my car back from Turner's and taking it to get a tire changed (of course multiple things go wrong the day before/and of the move) we grabbed a few last things, loaded my car and hit the road. We all left in intervals but got here around the same time. It was pretty fun because we passed each other randomly, for example, I met up with mom and Bethany in bham and later just before the Tennessee line. Somehow Tori and Meghan who left third beat us all here and had our keys by the time I got here. The three of us all pulled up in front of our apartment at the same time and got to soak it in a few minutes before Mom and Bethany, and eventually Dad, joined us. (Dad was in the truck and went a different way through bham)
Since then we have been unpacking like crazy, including two trips to Walmart for odds and ends we dont have. It's been fun driving around and getting to know the area. (We have an Aladdin Street down the street!) There are so many nice people here! We were greeted to the apartment and helped by passersby. I love Nashville! 
Saturday I went to IADT for my orientation. We got our cards (kinda like ACT cards at Bama) made and our schedules. This was exciting as well. Last night we took Dad and Bethany to The Loveless Cafe so they could try it and I could get some Jam for Lynn. We had the same waitress as the last two times and she was just as great- and remembered us. We also saw the Simpsons and Ensors (minus Justin) from Open Door/Tuscaloosa there! I hardly ever saw them in Tuscaloosa, but I have seen them now at Disney World and in Nashville. It was fun seeing familiar faces so soon! 
Last night at Loveless Tori pointed out that it was weird that we were eating at Loveless and we didn't have to go back to Bama the next day. I agree with her. Usually when we come up here we do what we have to do, eat at Loveless, Pancake Pantry, hit up the park, maybe something else instead- sometimes get trapped in our hotel from flood water- but then we're headed back to Bama. I agree with her. Even though it is finally looking like home, it hasn't really set in yet. We have made major progress in every room and are all exhausted, maybe after we're finished and rested it will. This afternoon we are taking Dad and Bethany to Pancake Pantry, BookMan and BookWoman (an used book store across the street from PP) and to Centennial Park. We are very thankful that Mom, Dad and Bethany came to help us move in and excited to show them some of our favorite spots. 
This week we hope to finish unpacking and at least start the painting. Meghan's mom, aunts, and cousin Lindsey may be coming for the Eclipse premiere...or maybe it's for Meghan's birthday two days later...and we want to be done for them. Mom also may come then for the premiere. So we'll see how it goes.
Well I'm exhausted and your probably tired of reading this by now so I think it's time for a nap. Check ya later! 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could come up for the Eclipse premiere! I wonder what premieres I will be going to see with Ella one day? Thanks for the jam! Maybe you can pick me up a book next time. :) Love you! I know ya'll are going to have a great rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still looking for a really good find for you at the store. I'll be able to frequent it now that I'm a resident. And I mean, that would be pretty sweet if you could come up here.

    ReplyDelete